Your odds of not experiencing the Herxheimer reaction are very slim so please read this chapter very, very carefully.
The term Hexheimer (reaction) is a common phrase in literature and is used to describe the increase or intensification in the symptoms of the condition being treated, in this case Borellia. You will find out that, as a result of the treatment, whatever it is, your body will undergo a temporary increase of inflammation.
In brief, the substances, called exotoxins and endotoxins, are toxins created by microorganisms and are carried in their outer cell membrane. These toxins get released into the surrounding environment during the following processes:
- During their cell growth or during infection activity;
- During breakdown, disruption or destruction;
- When bacterial cells get engulfed by immune system cells (called phagocytes.)
The borellia bacteria carries huge amounts of such toxins, hence the body reaction to the die-off process can be extreme.
The Herxheimer reaction can manifest itself in the following ways:
- Sweating and/or Fever - it is your body's natural reaction as a result of inflammatory process. Raised temperature means that your body is fighting a battle, as with any other infection you have had an encounter with in the past. Your skin, as your largest eliminative organ, will want to sweat all the toxins out of its systems.
- Headaches - an increase in toxicity of your organism makes your head ache, leading you to cease all activities and lie still until the crisis is nearly over. In such a way you, will preserve the energy required to go through the crisis. Your energy levels during your recovery will be very low, so do not try to run a marathon or drive your car long distance. Even short trips should be avoided.
- Joint and Muscle Ache (Fibromyalgia Symptoms) - the toxins of dying bacteria will end up circulating through your entire body, which will make them very acidic and inflamed.
- Nausea / Diarrhea / Flu-like Symptoms - the level of toxins in your body will shoot up very high when you start the treatment and it is a natural reaction of your body to flush them out on an urgent basis, as a liquid. If your body stops coping with toxin release in a conventional way, the rapid and violent reaction will occur through vomiting and diarrhea. Some advice - do not try and hold the vomiting back. Once you have finished vomiting, you will start feeling much better but, be aware, the process may take several hours and will be very painful.
- Sore body organs - the Lyme can and, often does, overtake all parts of your body, including your main organs. Hence, once you commit to the treatment, you will experience increased pain associated in all sorts of infected organs and this can be incredibly painful. Seek your GP's advice and make him aware of your commencement of Lyme treatment and that you may need support medical support - e.g. pain killers or even A&E visit.
- Discharge-like substance from ears - a great sign of your lymphatic system working hard trying to remove dead bacteria from your nervous system.
- Tremoring - the Borelli bacteria have a tendency to behave like the nerve glia cells in the brain, as it is harder for the immune system to reach them there. This is a natural reaction of the nervous system when the microbes start to die off.
- Temporary increase in severity of existing symptoms - the microbes affected by the treatment will alarm your immune system in the process of dying off, hence your immune system should kick-in with support. This process prompts a temporary increase in the volume of your symptoms. Such a process can sometimes be lengthy and, if you imagine the current state of both your mind and body, multiply it by two or three times and it should give you a good picture of what you should expect during your treatment.
- Anxiety, panic attacks, depression, suicidal thoughts - be mindful that the person undergoing the treatment will be more prone to those mind games of Lyme Disease. Lyme is unique in how acutely it can affect one emotionally or psychologically. Those assisting with recovery (family and friends) should be more vigilant and very supportive to the person suffering from Lyme. The good news is that these emotions are all artificial and, when the bacteria load decreases, these effects start to go away and eventually disappear.
The Significant Herx points during your treatment are normally 4-5, 8-9, 16-17, 20-21 weeks and so on. This is because, unlike most microbes who live on average for several hours, the Borellia life cycle is approximately 4 weeks. It may vary, depending on your gender.
We strongly advise to seek medical assistance in form of prescription medications reducing the effect of Herxheimer reaction. Patients must be closely monitored for the potential complications (shock or collapse) and may require proper medical attention in form of IV fluids or other.
FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NEVER SEEN AN EXORCISM, I WOULD STRONGLY ADVISE TO WATCH ONE OF THE MOVIES - MY RECOMMENDATION WOULD BE "THE RITE" WITH ANTHONY HOPKINS.
THE REASON: THIS WOULD BE MY DESCRIPTION OF HERXHEIMER EFFECT! BE PREPARED FOR EVERYTHING AND SEEK LOADS OF SUPPORT FROM YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS!
DID YOU KNOW?
LYME STATISTICS (TICK RELATED ONLY) - USA - 300,000 cases each year, Germany - 80,000 cases each year. UK - NHS estimate 2000 - 3000 cases each year. How does it add up? If only 20,000 - 30,000 of Lyme cases were presumed in the UK each year then over 4 decades the total of people living unknowingly with Lyme disease in the UK would exceed 1 MILLION. And this number would not even account for STDs and congenital infections!
Thus far we have not identified a single person with formally diagnosed neurological condition - e.g. MND, MS, Alzheimer, Parkinson, FND - who would not be Lyme Complex positive. It is our view Lyme Complex is the root cause of all neurological diseases.
Lyme Disease is the most serious of all sexually transmitted diseases. In our research we have identified Lyme Disease is passed from male to female partners. We have not identified any cases of this STD transmitted in the opposite direction which does not mean it is impossible.
The above fact explains why the ratio of women to men amongst all neurological diseases is approximately 3 to 1.
Lyme Disease is transferred through congenital means as well. So if you were Lyme positive during pregnancy your children are almost guaranteed to have Lyme as well. This may explain why ADHD or Autism numbers are on huge rise.
ELISA test - the blood test for detection of Lyme Disease is probably as inaccurate as 8-12%. The truth is - nobody knows how accurate this test really is. And for that reason Lyme Complex have been denied to be linked as a root cause to all neurological conditions. Lack of testing is another serious issue and injustice to those patients.
Practically all GPs and neurologist in the UK think that if your Lyme ELISA test results are negative you do not have Lyme Disease. Hence you have to be labelled with another medical condition. In other less developed countries (e.g. Poland) Doctors know this fact and often complete clinical diagnosis to confirm Lyme Disease. In the UK clinical diagnosis is called FND - Functional Neurological Disorder. In our view there is no such thing. FND diagnosis is simply a death sentence.
To have your ELISA test commissioned by your GP you need to remember to be bitten by a tick - NHS Guidelines. The problem is - majority of Lyme patients do not remember being bitten by a tick. Another half of those who remember will never go on to developing the rash or a bulls eye confirming infection with Lyme Disease. And these are only about a third of all cases. The other two thirds are STD and congenital infections. Your chances of being confirmed Lyme positive by NHS are in our view less than 2%.
We know this fact from our research. Additionally - there is a growing scientific evidence that Alzheimer Disease and many other neurological conditions could be triggered by various pathogens, in particular: Chlamydia Pneumonia, CMV, Herpes Virus and the main suspect - Borrelia (Lyme Disease). Not surprisingly - the funding for those researchers has been ceased by obvious grant providers. There is no need to comment any more on this issue...
Are tick the only creatures carrying the disease? Wrong! Mosquitoes, spiders, fleece and many other ectoparasites also carry this deadly disease.
So - what is our evaluation of how many people are positive with Lyme in the UK. Well - double the number of tick related cases up to two million. Double that to account for STDs. And add another 2 million to cover congenital cases. And the number should be 6-7 MILLION. If you compile all neurological diseases, fibromyalgia, ME and unreported cases - then 2 + 2 = 4. In our view - at least 1 in 10 people is Lyme positive and these numbers will double very quickly over the next couple of decades.
Dirofilaria Immitis, Dioctophyne Renale and Trypanosoma Cruzi are standard Lyme co-infections confirmed in all our cases thus far. Any of these parasites will protect Borrelia and other Lyme co-infections from eradication. The starting point of treating Lyme Complex should be by removal of these parasites. This can only be done with Vega Test and Rifing.
The final question - do antibiotics work in curing Lyme? Well - see our Lyme Complex Table and answer this question yourself...
LYME DISEASE IS THE BIGGEST GLOBAL PANDEMIC AND IT IS UNSTOPPABLE!!!